A few weeks ago , I was lucky enough to be asked by a friend of mine, If i fancied doing a sponsored event to help raise a few Pounds for a worthy cause
was the Cause, and it was to raise funds for a friend of My friends that is going though a ” bit of a rough time of it ” at the moment to say the least. So even though i don’t know the lady directly , ( and NO , im not naming her ) it was an obvious decision to say Yes. The event was an easy enough, it was a 6 Mile round trip along the beach. and if you want to make a donation around it to the Charity you still can at www.virginmoneygiving.com/DebbiePacey1 just please mention that you saw this ” on the blog ”
The reasons i wanted to blog this were:
- I thought that the people who went for the walk had done a great job and raised a couple of Hundred pounds, it turns out that the figure was closer to £1000. so well done to the Santa’s, kids, dog walkers, Morph suited ” red guys ” and bloggers in silly hats
- It Turns out that the lady that organised this event for her friend was actually doing this as a small fundraiser for a much Larger event Next year . She will be running a Marathon in London 2014 and would love to raise Many thousands of pounds
- Most people who will see this will know of someone who is affected by a terminal disease, they will know the effects , and about picking up the pieces , some will look at the blog and do nothing. Some may think about it and hope it doesn’t happen to them or any one they know .
- But these people turned out on a cold Morning in west Sussex to do something good for some one
Its People that make things happen, its people who get results, and its only because of people like my friend getting involved that good things like this happen. It costs nothing to give up time to help on things like this. Surely if the money raised from this sort of event can help just one person a little then its worth it.
Well done DEB, You are doing a great thing here………
Just like when we set off on the walk today
WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU
or have a look at http://www.anthonynolan.org/8-ways 8 ways to save a life ,
How Amazing would that be
Or if you have a message of support for DEB
- World’s youngest stem cell donor is Macclesfield girl, 17 (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)wow, another person doing good things.